Ilion, NY asked in Foreclosure for New York

Q: can you help[ me with the forclosure on my home

i was given a petition for forclosure and told that i need to be out of my home in 10 days... the loan is in my deceased wifes name any myself.. i had sent the paperwork 2 years ago to the bank for them to automatically take out of my checking account each month..i have a disabled daughter that also lives with me that i take care of..they say that i owe $10,000 in back payments.. i need to know what i can do pay the 10,000 and they let me stay here? or is there other options

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer PRO label
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ

A: You need to retain an experienced mortgage foreclosure and bankruptcy attorney. Your home can be saved. During this pandemic, you have a choice of either seeing your attorney in person or by way of a secure state of the art Zoom Video Conference. So you don’t have to be restricted by geography anymore in terms of choosing an attorney. You can “Meet” your attorney online for an initial strategy session from the comfort of your own home. Through mail, e-mail and electronic filing almost everything can be done without leaving your home, for most types of cases. Pick the best attorney you can find and remember one rule: a good attorney is generally never cheap, and a cheap attorney is generally never good so don't choose based on price.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.