Cincinnati, OH asked in Uncategorized for Ohio

Q: I applied for rental assistance and received a check that covered my entire lease.

I just received word that the check was a mistake and now I owe $4200. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bridget Sciscento
Bridget Sciscento
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: With only the information provided, I cannot give you a more detailed answer; so, I suggest contacting your local legal aid association. Legal aid associations provide free of cost legal assistance to eligible people. Many of the legal aid societies have large landlord/tenant departments that may be able to assist you in dealing with both the entity that provided the rental assistance and your landlord.

Legal Aid Society of Cleveland: (888) 817-3777

Southeastern Ohio Legal Services: (330) 339-3998

Legal Aid Society of Columbus: (614) 224-8374

Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati: (513) 241-9400

Community Legal Aid: (330) 535-4191

Legal Aid of Western Ohio: 1-877-894-4599

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.