Asked in Family Law and Landlord - Tenant for Louisiana

Q: La, my dad and his ex wife have been divorced over 10 yrs. I live in the family home and served me eviction paper.

I was served twice with notice to vacate once by her the day was Thursday but she posted it on a Friday, then her daughter posted the second one, and then I was served with an eviction notice by the constable and I have 5 days. February 7th 2022 I have to appear before the Justice of the Peace.

The house was purchased from his sister with his injury settlement, her name was added some years after they married.

Their son kicked in my bedroom door when I was sick, her boyfriend (whom at the time lived here with her) hit me in the shoulder with his shoulder, and she recently tried attacking me. She works or worked for the local sheriff office.

I also filed a fraudulent claim with FEMA against her.

She set up cameras and microphones throughout the house I was told by an officer that it was legal because you're considered her roommates. The botch wiring for these devices has caused our phones trouble and compromised our connection.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need to open s succession for your father.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.