Louisiana Landlord - Tenant Questions & Answers

Q: In Louisiana, can the tenant use the deposit for last months rent?

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Louisiana on May 16, 2014

Answered on May 20, 2014

Follow Question

Charles Snyderman's answer

§3251. Lessee's deposit to secure lease; retention by lessor; conveyance of leased premises; itemized statement by lessor

A. Any advance or deposit of money furnished by a tenant or lessee to a landlord or lessor to secure the performance of any part of a written or oral lease or rental agreement shall be returned to the tenant or lessee of residential or dwelling premises within one month after the lease shall terminate,...

Answer this Question View More »