New York, NY asked in Immigration Law for New York

Q: Can I take bar exam under G4 visa? Also, can I do 50 hours of bro bono under G4 visa?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Giselle Ayala Mateus
Giselle Ayala Mateus
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Taking the bar or being admitted to the practice of law is not regulated by the US Immigration Laws. The admission to the Bar, even the right to take the exam is a matter administer by the NY Court of Appeals and the NY Board of Lawn Examiners of you have complied with their regulations, which depended in whether you completed a JD or an LLM in the US, you could take the Bar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.