Chattanooga, TN asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: If I was injured on a company's property can I seek legal action I lost function of my right hand because of this

I was at the apartments they rent out to there workers when I got into a argument with someone there and they ended up draging me with there truck and also when I manged to pull myself up in to the bed I stood up and he kept swerving trying to throw me off well so happens after couple trys he threw me out and I flew into the air and landed on rocky dirt road causing me to get lacerations on the tendon of all my fingers except my thumbs.

I went to police to put warranty out for his arrest but the lady at the town hall told me she was not going to because she didn't know if I had done something to cause this then I told that no the man was even drunk and wrecked his truck afterwards when he just left me on the side of the rd but she still told me she would not put the warranty out

1 Lawyer Answer
Hunter Garnett
Hunter Garnett
  • Huntsville, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You may have a claim against the driver of the truck and his automobile liability insurance. That would be an easier case than trying to sue the company who owns the apartment complex.

In the event that the driver's insurance denies the claim, you may also have a valid claim against your automobile insurance carrier for uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.