Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Illinois

Q: I have false charges against me that were put on me strictly to shush me as a witness in my girlfriend's burglar. Help?

My girlfriend was advised by her jailhouse lawyer brother to somehow get or stage a domestic charge against me so that I couldn't be called as a witness in her now closed burglary case or come forward and she did a good job and I'm afraid the courts won't face the embarrassment of being manipulated and having the law used against them by using me as a pawn and making it biast for me to be called to testify by staging domestic battery charges. I need help although the truth is plain to see and should prevail. I have a 5,000.00 bond at stake as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
Alan E. Jones
Alan E. Jones
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Waukegan, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Definitely hire a criminal defense attorney in the county/town where your case is pending. Good luck!!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.