North Hollywood, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: If a confidential informant is willing to testify They provided false information to detectives to my case be dropped

Being charged with three Felony Gun crimes The case was based off of an arrest of someone who provided information to the detectives and now they are willing to testify for my defense that they did provide false information to the officer in exchange for consideration to the DA for cooperation How do I go about getting the charges of trapped

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

this is something you should discuss with your private or PD attorney who has all the info in front of him/her.

that may or may not affect guilt or innocence......but is certainly something a jury might take into account.

why is it false info if you were arrested? possibly accurate info???

Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It depends on what false information was provided, under what circumstances, and many other potential factors. You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to determine your best options and how to proceed.

- Law Office of Joseph Abrams, Anaheim, CA

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.