Lacey, WA asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Estate Planning for Washington

Q: How do I transfer inherited property.

I am the executor and sole beneficiary to my mother's estate. How do I transfer the deed to her house to my daughter?

1 Lawyer Answer
Renee Louise Roman
Renee Louise Roman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Des Moines, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Depending on the circumstances, probate may have to be initiated in order to properly transfer the property. A real estate lawyer can prepare a deed and tax affidavit which can then be executed and recorded. You may wish to contact an attorney who practices both real estate and probate to determine exactly what needs to be done.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.