Nacogdoches, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: I had a deep chemical peel in March 2021 , I now have hypopigmentation and scars, do I have a case?

Dermatologist did tell me it was permanent and there was nothing he could do , also have some hyperpigmentation, its been horrible!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. I'm sorry for your ordeal. It could be difficult for any attorney to offer a simple "yes" or "no" answer to your question about whether you have a case. They would likely want to see visual evidence such as photos, and possibly a medical opinion as to the level of permanence. You could reach out to attorneys in Texas to discuss. Most law firms that handle injury cases offer free initial consults. If you have before-and-after photos, those would be helpful to an attorney. Good luck

Daniel Estrada
Daniel Estrada
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In order for a Texas Lawyer to answer the question of whether a client's case has merit and will prevail, depends on the evidence against the offending party. In a case against a healthcare provider, many times a doctor or clinic will deny responsibility and your claim requiring you to file a lawsuit. In Texas, a court will require that you comply with the Texas rules providing timely notice (before filing the lawsuit) to the healthcare provider outlining your complaint. You will also be required to retain a medical expert who is qualified to support your allegations to prove that the defendant doctor or clinic failed to meet the "medical standard of care" and such breach of this standard was the producing cause of your injury. If your evidence and expert report is compelling and persuasive, it may be possible that the defendant's insurance company will attempt to settle your case before Trial. Consult with an attorney having experience with medical malpractice cases to assist you with your case. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.