Jacksonville, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: Can I “wait out” a 10 year third dui suspension in Florida and drive again with out any special supervision or interlock

I received a DUI 7 years ago. I got sober and went to school and am now in a special monitoring group called Professionals Resource Networking in order to hold a DOH license to work because of my past. I want to get my hardship license but cannot afford or have the time to do two substance monitoring groups. Can I wait out the 10 year suspension and bypass the special supervision, interlock device, and FR44 insurance?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can wait out the suspension and avoid the supervision program, however you still owe FLHSMV 2 years of IID and the higher insurance policy limits for three consecutive years.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.