Terry, MS asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation and Elder Law for Mississippi

Q: What do I need to do when someone signed my name on a waiver?

My dad is in a nursing home and he has no idea what his wife has been doing with his affairs. She petioned conservatorship over him and I strongly believe she is the one who forged my name to document waive of jonder(?) I know I didn't sign anything cause she told no one what she was doing.she has already gave his house to her grown no good son. I want to protect my dad by having her removed because everything will just end very bad for him and his two biological children.also believe when he was diagnosed with cancer she forced him to changed his will cutting everyone out but her that way she can give that son out dad's property.my dad would never allow any of this if he knew what she was doing.

1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You should file an objection to the waiver, which can be something as simple as stating that you did not sign the waiver filed with the court and that you object to the conservatorship. You should also contact the attorney representing your stepmother and appear at the time and place set for entering any Order in the matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.