Mesquite, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I divorced #2 husband in 2005. I married #3 in 2016. We separated in 2018 & he won't sign divorce papers.

#3 says I'm still married to #2 and he says we were never legally married.

Without a divorce, I cannot change any legal documents. I'm getting more depressed as the years go by.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rosendo Parra III
Rosendo Parra III pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: A divorce attorney can assist you by seeking a default judgment against your spouse, after he has been properly served, and once the mandatory 60-day waiting period is over.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.