Beaverton, OR asked in Employment Law for Oregon

Q: I signed into an employment contract where I will owe money if length of employment stated in contract is not met

what are my options to get out of contract? i’ve read you can get out of contract if your employer didn’t give you a copy of the contract but not sure if that’s true. plus i can’t remember if they never gave me a copy or if they gave me a copy and i lost it? either way do i have options to get out of this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should contact an Oregon employment attorney to discuss your situation. If you have completed most or a substantial portion of your employment term, you may be entitled to at least a reduction in the total amount the company is claiming you owe them. If you signed the original agreement, then it doesn't matter whether you were given a copy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.