Edmond, OK asked in Uncategorized for Oklahoma

Q: How can I stop someone from stopping and sitting at the corner of the end of my driveway in the rural area of the county

I live in the rural area of caddo County Oklahoma. Someone of my ex family keeps harassing my family. They stopped at the end of my driveway and sat for a few minutes with the window rolled down and left as soon I went outside. What can I legally do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Contact the sheriff office and report them. Beyond that you can pursue a VPO against them if you feel threatened. Other than that you may have some elements of stalking but you need to contact an attorney in your area to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.