Fenton, MI asked in Traffic Tickets for Michigan

Q: Speeding ticket I received didn't state my speed & has errors describing vehicle color and make. Can ticket be dismissed

I received a ticket for speeding. The officer said that he would cut me a break for 5 over and 0 points. I noticed that my vehicle make was spelled incorrectly, it does not mention what model car, and color described was incorrect. The speed I was traveling was also not listed on the ticket, all it says is "speeding." Do I have grounds to challenge the ticket? I don't want to push my luck. Also, is there a way I can tell that I won't actually get any points if I admit fault since the ticket does not say what the infraction was?

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You may want to the ticket. If the officer does not show up or cant remember what speed you were going the ticket could be dismissed. Even if the ticket cannot be dismissed, usually the ticket can be resolved at the hearing with a good attorney. I would recommend contacting an attorney in your county. Many attorneys offer free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.