Atlanta, GA asked in Domestic Violence, Family Law and Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: I live in GA. My husband was previously arrested for domestic violence. If he brings his family to our home to visit..

They are from another country..they are abusive to me in front of my son and husband ..if I let my spouse know I am leaving with my son and take my son to my mothers home can I get a restraining order if he threatens me? What about a good behavior warrant in GA?

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: At this point, you both have equal custody of the child. He can also take the child. You may want to consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and provide you with guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.