Killen, AL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Alabama

Q: I am 18, in highschool graduating in May, I turn 19 in July. Can I move in with my sister to finish highschool without

My parents permission? Ive wanted to move out for years due to the way my mother has treated me. My siblings all got out as quick as they could because of the way she treats us. She is unfit to raise any child and the only reason i never moved out sooner is because the legal process would be long and it would be taken out on me. I have money to buy my own car since she co-signed on my car I have no right to it. She can have it. I am tired of constantly having to panic because I dont answer her calls or texts. Im tired of being afraid to go near her when shes angry. Ive been hiding in my room for years as a means of being away from her. Nothing is ever her fault and the house I currently live in is unfit in every way imaginable. Can I move in with my sister without having to take legal action? She's threatened me to move in with her before but I do not have proof of her saying this. A quick response would be extremely helpful, thank you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.