Asked in Criminal Law and Health Care Law for Arizona

Q: I have been adsaulted three times by a person. I have advanced glaucoma. The person was at my bedroom window last night.

So far the precinct judge has done very little. My assaulter ignored the peace bond that i filed for.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Maerowitz
Matthew Maerowitz
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If there are criminal charges against the assailant, you should talk to the victim advocate. A lot of times you can get release conditions (if not already in place) that will prohibit contact or harassment. If there is no criminal case you may be able to get some form of protective order such as an order of protection or injunction of harassment depending on the situation and the relationship between you and the assailant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.