Owasso, OK asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: What should I do I have an attorney that ain't doing no good and my minor son has been injured in a car accedent

My son was 15 at the time he is 17 fixing to be 18 in October so it's been a few years they were at my at a complete stop and got hit from behind from a guy that has Farmers insurance The Farmer insurance people don't want to pay no more than $4,900 and he's whiplash is the pain is suffering keeps reoccurring it don't go away it might be fine one day and then it comes back my attorney is in Texas I didn't know at the time and they're not wanting to go to court they're not wanting to settle out I don't know what to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma (or Texas?) attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. No one here could pass judgment on your son's case or his attorney. An attorney would need to see the file. You posted under Oklahoma, because that's where you may be located. But you mention a Texas attorney. It isn't clear if that's because that's where venue was determined to be, or that you went with a Texas attorney you already knew. A starting point might be to have a discussion about where the case is going, what was done on the case, if there are liens, the statute of limitations, etc. and to outline what your options are. It sounds like you may have reached an impasse with the carrier, and without contemplating placing the matter in suit, that $4,900 figure might not change - but again, an attorney would need to see the file to give you meaningful input. I hope your son has a healthy recovery. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.