Baton Rouge, LA asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: I have a child that was born out of wedlock and I was wanting them to get a divorce for the sake of the child?

My daughter's father and I have a 1 month old. When he met me and started dating me, he was married currently, but I was single. I found out I was pregnant after my 21st f. He stayed by my side until I was eight months pregnant when he left. His wife has been telling him that this is not his child. He needs to get a DNA test before buying anything for her and things like that. Three days after the baby was born he found out he has cancer and he's not working at the moment. Also his wife has cerebral palsy, does not work and gets a disability check.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: All the Diatrixt Attorney's Office and ask for Support Enforcement to get file for a DNA test.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.