Edmonton, KY asked in Animal / Dog Law for Kentucky

Q: On Wednesday March 23, while visiting my mother I encountered a dog.

I made the mistake of taking the dog. I was given false information. I was under the impression once she sobered up I would return the dog. I found the dog running loose on Wednesday, March 23. Prior to leaving with the fog I did knock on her door and explained her dog wouldn’t get out of my car. So I did wait and wait and wait but she never came out. So I brought her with me. The little thing was being harassed by one of our male chihuahua so badly she was out of breath and panting. She didn’t contact me until Saturday, March 26.

I was attempting to explain the situation and how I would bring her baby back but I couldn’t get her back to her in like 6 minutes like she had expected.

They told me I would be going to jail. The dog was running loose, no identification, coupled with me telling her I was taking her dog Bc she was in my car and wouldn’t get out. I did tell the lady what I was going to do and waited. She never came out to get her baby. Im concerned. I NEED ADVICE!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Take the dog to animal services tomorrow and turn her in. You are not going to jail nor have you done anything wrong.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.