Fort Worth, TX asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for Texas

Q: How do I find out what has happened to the man who was convicted of murdering my grandmother in August of 1972 in Fort

Worth. The case is listed as xxx vs the State of Texas, #49532. My grandmother’s name was xxx, 85. I know that the man was sentenced to life in prison but I would just like to know if he is still incarcerated and where. My father was her son and until the day he died, he always told me he didn’t want to talk about it. I just don’t know where to start to find out this info. I’m now 70 years old and would just like to find out this info before I die. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If his birthday May 20 he is deceased. He is not in prison but his life sentence would of been up along time ago. I think he died in 2012 . If you email me your email I will send you what I found on him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.