Los Angeles, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I am homeless and am not living on my old address for few years now. I didn't know that I had a Court date.

I found out that I have a warrent due to not attending that Court date.

What are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Karas
John Karas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Temecula, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I wrote a legal guide several years ago which goes over your options when you fail to appear for a court date and a B/W (Bench Warrant) has been issued for your arrest.


If the criminal case filed against you is a Felony, you really have only 1 option. Hire a skilled criminal defense who has previous experience and a proven track record of success handling the type of Felony charges pending you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.