Wilmington, NC asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: Got pulled over doing 71 in a 55, can i appeal for a reduction?

Hi, i was pulled over doing 71 in a 55. When his lights turned on i immediately looked at my speedomte and mine said 69. He was also hidden, it was a back road that was pitch black that i have only ever driven on once before, and in the pitch dark out of nowhere his lights turned on and he pulled me over and scared that driver that was coming up on his side. I will admit to driving 69 and that that is still speeding, i was sick running a fever, as well as only haing a quarter tank of gas on a long back road, i was just trying to get home to wilmington without running out of gas. is there any way i can fight this or get the charges reduced? I am a college student and i cant afford to lose my license.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yadkinville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: While I don't know what Wiliminton's DA's policy is, it is highly likely that if you hire a local attorney they can plea the ticket down to a level that will not affect your insurance. Generally speaking this costs somewhere between 100-150 and then you have fines and court costs on top of that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.