Jacksonville, NC asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law and Family Law for Alabama

Q: What type of lawyer do I need to prove a relative is abusing an elderly relative in another state?

I have some proof that a relative did abuse an elderly relative before her death and is currently committing fraud with her bank account after her decease. This relative is pretending my dead relative is still alive to collect money. This person is also committing fraud with another living relative's accounts with credit cards and other funds and is doing other things for money for drugs and other items. My relative is in danger. I am not in the same state. What kind of lawyer do I need and should I get a lawyer in my state or in the state the crime was committed?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.