Orlando, FL asked in Small Claims for Florida

Q: Can I sue a photographer for bad pictures?

I had recently hired a photographer to take pictures for my mother birthday. It took the photographer two weeks to send the pictures when we were promised 5 days. Then the pictures were rushed and properly edited. I want to know if I can sue even if it’s small claim court. I had paid $280 for the shoot.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Phillip William Gunthert
Phillip William Gunthert
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can always consider a small claims case as it goes up to $8000, think about the time, effort and cost involved and then if you can really win. You need to pay filing fee and then for service of process, all over $280. I would advise that you try to nicely ask them to take a look at the photos again and try to do a better editing job or just consider it a lesson learned because the time alone involved in pursuing such a case is not worth your time, effort and headache at all in my opinion.

County Civil Filing Fees

Small Claims

$55.00 Claims less than $100.00​

$80.00 Claims $100.00 to $500.00

$175.00 Claims $500.01 to $2,500.00

$300.00 Claims $2,500.01 to $8,000.00

$130.00 Replevin actions with claims up to $1,000.00

Stephen Arnold Black agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.