Brooklyn, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: I received a court summons for traffic tickets I did not get. Someone provide my information to the cops.

I was not the person driving and it was not my car that was stopped. The tickets were issued in East Orange, NJ. The driving had temporary plates that expired on a car that is not registered to me and provided the cops with my name and information to avoid getting a ticket. How do I fight this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael A. Smolensky
Michael A. Smolensky
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Cinnaminson, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: To fight this ticket, it seems to me one would hire an attorney who knows and perhaps has the professional experience required to represent the defendant at trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.