Fort Worth, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Yes if I’m invited my boyfriemd inside of my house and Mymother calls police Can he get into trouble for being here?

It’s my mothers house but I’ve been staying here for over 20 years

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn

A: This question came to me a patent (invention) question. It is not.

You may want to list this as a criminal law question as the police are there to enforce criminal laws such as trespass or violation of an order to not be someplace.

I hope that this helps.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.