Shawnee, OK asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Oklahoma

Q: I have a first offense dui, I am in Cleveland county Oklahoma, am I allowed to continue using OMMA medical card?

My Dui was under alcohol and had nothing to do with drugs.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The freedom to use one’s medical marijuana cards to ingest medical marijuana while someone is on any type of criminal probation in the city or County courthouses throughout the state of Oklahoma is a confusing mess.

Well many probation officers and Judges DO allow the use of medical marijuana while you are negotiating a term of probation, there are a smattering of individual judges throughout the state in the different courthouses who DO NOT allow it. It is certainly not uniform and it can be frustrating.

You just need to work through your attorney to get the answer to this question. You certainly don’t want to take a chance and violate probation which could end up giving you a conviction or taking away your freedom or liberty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.