Bridgewater, MA asked in Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: sister had stage4 throat cancer. When the feeding tube was being inserted they nicked her bowel and she has a big scar

Her scar is from under the breast to her naval. And she ended up in ICU.. Someone told us that we should get attorney. Is this something we should pursue

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Massachusetts attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. However, it would be difficult for ANY attorney to answer your question based on the brief facts here. One option is to reach out to Massachusetts med mal attorneys. Most law firms that handle such cases offer free initial consults. That could be a first step in answering your question. If a law firm felt that there was a meaningful basis for a case, they would likely retrieve the records and review them with a medical professional. Good luck to your sister

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.