Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: How much time will my boyfriend have to serve on his 2 year sentence in tdcj he has a 2g defense case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: It's hard to understand exactly what you are asking. If he has been convicted of felony simple drug possession, he may be eligible for probation. If not, most drug possession cases are not aggravated or considered violent. Thus, he could get parole after 12-15% of his time is served. There are other factors to be considered. If he has not yet pled guilty or been convicted, he needs to review all of the above with his lawyer before he pleads guilty.

Good Luck with this!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.