Pottstown, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: What do I do for a mailed citation (1st ticket) and I know I stopped on a sign and yielded but it caused a car accident?

A car hit my car at the front passenger side as I was making a left turn at Route 663 at 3:40am. The road was blind on my right and a car was speeding down. Instead of him having a collision towards me, he swerved to the right and fell on a ditch and hit a tree. His car was wrecked but he was fine and wasn’t hurt. I feel bad that it happened and I was shaking in shock. It’s my first time ever getting a citation/ticket in the mail and I don’t know what to do. I want to plead NOT GUILTY because I know I was driving safely. Do I go to court and plead not guilty? Do I pay more fine doing that if I loose? At this point I haven’t received the official police report yet. Please help me. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Kraeer
Timothy Kraeer
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Pottsville, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You should absolutely plead not guilty. At the very least, it may be possible to have the citation amended to a section that will not add points to your license. Consult a traffic attorney in your area for more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.