Asked in Probate for Georgia

Q: I sent a letter to the Butts County Probate Judge informing her that due to health reasons as well as fear of a family

Member I could not keep making the 1200 mile trip back and forth to decide what I could or could not have in my mothers estate. She has sent me a bill for $60.50 to file it . is that normal? She has made it obvious that she sides with my Crooked brothers that have stole my mothers property . And allowed him to continue filing claims against the estate almost a year after my mothers death

He has money and is a Billy in the town of Jackson ga and can buy politicians .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL

A: After researching it, I note that Butts County is in Georgia, not Florida. Whether it is appropriate for the judge to charge you to file your letter. You should ask your question in Justia > Ask a Lawyer > Georgia; it is not a Florida question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.