Hayward, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Nevada

Q: I’m trying to find a attorney that can help with suing my landlord for destroying my Tiny home

Hello my ex landlord evicted me then refused to allow me to retrieve my property which was a tiny home that I was building and residing in along with other personal belongings and tools and materials. He has since destroyed the tiny home and everything else. I can only sue for $10000 in small claims but I have over $20000 in receipts as well as time and labor building it, plus the expenses of being left homeless living in my car with wife and dog. I can not find any attorney that can help me. Is there any attorney even willing to talk to me to let me know how I should proceed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Nevada attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for four weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal and the frustration in finding an attorney. It's no guarantee, but one option at this point could be to explore legal aid services or pro bono attorneys. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.