Eunice, LA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: What can I do the judge who relinquished jurisdiction to another parish signed approved an ex parte order filed by ex

In December the judge stated on the court judgment he ordered that since my ex and I no longer live in that parish that he relinquished jurisdiction to the parish of which we both now live. Yet my ex filed for an ex parte custody order and he signed it. When I called the court house and spoke to judge secretary I stated I'm sure it was done in error and was just over looked she replied that she had spoken to the judge and it was over looked but the judge said just leave it as is and come to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Sounds like something was lost in translation at the courthouse. Your lawyer needs to file an Exception.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.