Houston, TX asked in Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I have a warrant but would like to report domestic battery and harassment in Texas… can I report to police?

I have a warrant from not finishing probation a few years ago. I was convicted if trespassing. Just recently I’ve been abused my my ex physically and he’s currently stalking as well as harassing me on my new phone number. Is there anyway I can report to the cops and get my warrant cleared? I called a bail bonds and they said i can pay $500 then see what the court says once I turn in my money order. I have proof of the bruise he left from the abuse, texts screenshots, and voicemails of him harassing me. Please help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can make a police report but the police may arrest you because you have a open warrant

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.