Gary, IN asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Indiana

Q: How do I file a motion to consolidate my custody hearing for two children on two separate houses?

Both parent are attending eachother hearing in cahoots to alienate me from my child with various accusations. I would like to consolidate the cases so that I do not have to go from court to court, and can go to the same hearing and court for both children

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James A Hanson
James A Hanson
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: There are rules of procedure that make this theoretically possible, but it is not at all common in practice.

Your best bet would be to hire an experienced attorney who can put together a compelling argument for why the Court should at least consolidate the evidentiary hearings for the two cases so that you only have to present the evidence once to get a result in both cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.