Alexandria, LA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: Can I get the judge to void his ex parte order based on info I have jurisdiction was relinquished

I have court at 9 am for rule to show cause. My ex filed for emergency ex parte order and was granted it. The judge who granted it relinquished jurisdiction of any further proceeding to another parish it is stated in judgment we was given in December so how can he grant her the exparte order she filed in april. Also my ex waited 9 days after she new it was granted before comming take kids. If it was so important that you filed for ex parte why wouldn't u get kids the day u got told by judge it was granted and u had a copy of paperwork then

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need a custody lawyer to file an Exception.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.