Cincinnati, OH asked in Civil Litigation for Ohio

Q: My boyfriend walked out of our 6 yr relationship and moved out of my house. I own it. This was over 3 months ago.

He never left my property. He is staying in a camper in my yard. We have no agreement of any kind yet he refuses to leave. I live in Ohio and need him gone. This is causing me terrible stress and raising my blood pressure. Do I have to evict him although there is no lease agreement?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Martin Broyles
Bruce Martin Broyles
  • Lancaster, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Yes, you should evict him. He does not have a oral lease for a period of term. He is a person with no interest in the property and he can be served a three day notice and a complaint for forcible entry and detainer should be filed against him. If you call the police they will typically say it is a civil matter that should be handled through the Courts.

The zoning inspector will probably be visiting your property, but that will result in a citation for a violation of local ordinances issued to the property owner.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.