Wichita, KS asked in Real Estate Law for Kansas

Q: I have a home that belong to my grandparents who died I've been living in a home for over 15 years and now I need to a

title.Everyone else has signed off on the paperwork I have an aunt who will not sign the paperwork and the house legally belong to my grandmother which is not her mother and the only claims that she would have is that my grandfather was married to her which is her father what's best can I take or what do I need to do to move forward and I paid the taxes on the house I did improvements on the house I just want to get simple insurance on the house

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Has anyone determined who the actual Heirs-At-Law are? You probably need a competent KS attorney to determine who the present Tenants In Common are, then proceed with a Deed with a complete Derivation Of Title Clause in it, and maybe more.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.