Lindale, TX asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: Where can I go to find other civil court case appeals records ?

My brother is trying to appeal a judges decision on a motion to dismiss his civil suit against his former attorney , who didn't take any steps to helping my brother in his criminal case that he is innocent of but now serving 35 years the way he was dealt was so wrong . So my brother asked me to look for any cases ,civil cases where he can look thru and get ideas of dos and donuts and what needs to be done where can I find that at?

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your brother is innocent and the attorney was ineffective he should file a 11-07 writ.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.