Lexington, KY asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Federal Crimes for Kentucky

Q: Who do I contact about dropping a no contact order?

I am the victim of a 1st degree sexual abuse case. The man is getting released soon, there was an automatic no contact order when he was arrested and it is part of his parole, I have contacted my states probation and parole, they told me I need to contact my county attorney. I did, she said I need to call the commonwealth attorney in my state and she told me I needed to contact my county attorney. I have no idea who I need to call about this. I was 15 when this happened and I am 20 now.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You would need to contact the entity that prosecuted the original case, either the Commonwealth Attorney or the county Attorney. The clerks office can tell you which one prosecuted the man.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.