Salinas, CA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Can i sue a doctor for giving a 3rd party a letter saying my grandpa was not able to run his finance.

My grandpa was old not brain dead. Medical records say different. I dont no why she would say that. No special test waS perform. Why she say that

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Maybe?

More info is needed.

Did he see a lawyer for estate planning ?

Have issue signing something and there was an issue of competency to enter into a contract…

Did you have POA?

Were you Trustee?

I would think his wife or children would be in a better position than you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.