Dallas, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: I had a 2nd DWI In Texas. Officer got a warrant for blood after I refused both. Blood came back .173.

A security guard at a dealership called the police they came and I was asleep at a stop light car running, In gear, vomit on myself, and they noted my “bar bracelet”. I have researched everything upon everything for the matter as it is my 2nd mistake and I wanted to take it to trial but it would’ve costed $6000 more than the $4000 I already paid. As much as I wanted to try to fight it, I felt it’d be fighting a losing battle and paying for nothing. Either plead guilty and start 2 years probation now or wait a 1+ years for a trial to be found guilty and face jail or probation then. What does someone think? Even if the motion to suppress the blood takes the blood draw away we still have all other factors against me too. Either way it is too late I told them I would just have to plead. I had hoped for a more favorable outcome I know I am lucky to be alive and didn’t hurt anyone but it still sucks. I’m only 28 facing my 2nd conviction.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need never to take another drink and drive, If you drink do it at home and do not drive, The keys to the jail are in your hands,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.