Asked in Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: On 03/09/2021I was injured in a car accident that I was not responsible for. Sustained injuries. Offer was $50,00.00

I sustained fractured sternum, fractured ribs, large contusion on cheek bone. No follow up due to there is nothing they could do for those types of injuries. The accident happened in Medford, Oregon.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Jennie Lynn Clark
Jennie Lynn Clark
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: If that is their policy limits, it is probably reasonable. However, before you accept policy limits you need permission from your own insurance company to accept. Otherwise, you will not have access to your underinsured motorist policy. If you have an Oregon policy, you likely have underinsured motorist coverage.

A: You need to immediately contact and consult with accident/injury lawyer who practices in Oregon. The majority of those hose attorneys who handle personal injury/accident claims will provide a free initial consultation so please take us up on it. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.