Massapequa, NY asked in Animal / Dog Law for New York

Q: my aunt was watching my 2 dogs and i was away when i returned she had givimg them away to a

or without out my permision inever wanted her to do that thry are my babies so i contacted the place and they have refused to return them i have called emailed won in small claims court then rhey turn around with out me knowing vacted the claim and they still refues to return them i dont have any cruelty charges or anything these people just wont return tjem this has been going on for almost2 years! what can i do they are 2 small micro dogs very very expensive they dont get dogs like this there they are located in white plains new york Snarr in brewster ny, i have called beged pleaded emailed went there i dont no what to do please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Benjamin Z. Katz
Benjamin Z. Katz pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: To recover your dogs, you would need to commence and action for replevin.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.