Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: How will I get a felony possession of a weapon charged dropped?

Hi I have a similar question to the one previously I had borrowed my friends car to run errands since my car had been having issues for the last couple of days I’m doing so in a certain amount of time and getting home unloading and packing the car was picked up in the mist. Upon realizing hours down the line that I did not have my weapon I called and called my friend to no avail only for her to call hours later for me to tell her the dilemma only for me to find out her significant other had the car for the night and he his friends had left and he was unreachable until we got a call explaining what happened Unknowingly on what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop turned out to be so wrong

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Retain a lawyer it sounds

like you have a defense,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.