Bucyrus, OH asked in Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I am trying to get custody back for myc15 year old daughter which her half brother has custody I need to know my chances

I just got out of prison 3 months ago I am clean have a good job pay child support but I live with my sister and her husband but I have my own room and so does she

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parents can file a Motion to Modify Custody in Ohio based on a change in circumstances concerning the parties and/or the child. Prior to filing a motion it is always good to make an attempt to contact the other party to request visitation and/or their views on changing custody. While courts will always intervene on valid motions filed, it is less expense to work something out. Another aspect in trying to work something out in advance is that any negative responses and refusals to cooperate can be used as evidence at a hearing or trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.