San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Out on bond pd the bondsman in full then he got arrested a year later for new charges bondsman went off bond so now he

Has 8 bonds is there a lawyer that we can give him the money instead of a bondsman to get him out

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Can you buy ice cream at Mcdonald's? It's on the menu but the real answer is: Maybe. Maybe not. Do they actually have any or are they sold out? Is the ice cream machine even working today or is it broken again? Are there any employees on the current shift that know how to operate the machine?

The same goes for your situation. In theory, it is possible that a lawyer could convince the judge to let the suspect out on personal bond, but in practice, the answer depends on a bunch of questions that are way too complicated to cover on this forum. This is one of those situations where you really need to talk to a LOCAL attorney who practices criminal law in the exact same court (or courts) that would be making this decision. It is also a situation where an attorney would need to ask a lot of questions and probably research the status of the pending cases before giving you a real answer. My guess is that any attorney that simply says YES without more information about the cases is someone who just wants your money and will not actually do the work required for a proper defense.

If he was arrested a year ago then the chances are good that he already has an attorney. If so, that should be the first person you contact about the possibility of a personal bond or a bond reduction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.